nice reply to a compliment

As we mentioned above, it’s great to share how you feel in response to a compliment. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. There's probably nothing more gratifying in the workplace than receiving a compliment from your boss. If it’s a weird compliment, maybe just say thanks and move on. If someone compliments you and you’re not sure how to respond, try just saying, “Thank you,” or “Thanks, I appreciate that!” Smile and make eye contact with the person when you thank them so they’ll know you’re being sincere. Close with a final expression of your appreciation. And the recipient’s powerful, sexy indelibility is the key to the best sexual compliment you can give. Nice work. Overthinking the compliment always messes up your response. Just say something simple, like "Thank you." That's amazing. It's always nice to say "thank you" face-to-face even though you received the compliment via email. Some funny compliments can go a long way in helping you connect with someone. Go to your boss's office immediately upon receiving the email and tell her that you appreciate the compliment. Business etiquette is as important as any other office skill. I’ll leave you to be the judge of when it’s most appropriate, all I can do is arm you with loads of funny responses! Receiving a compliment can sometimes leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling…. Acknowledging that someone is being kind to you is a nice way to respond to a compliment. One of the main reasons people don’t know how to respond to a compliment is that they feel it’s undeserved. He’ll feel like you know and understand him better than anyone else, and he never want to let you go. After all, how do you respond to something like that? I receive a commission if you choose to purchase anything after clicking on them. How can she be grateful for unclean work? Keep it short: There is no need to write out some long response to a compliment, though you can personalize the compliment if you want. 5. Simply saying “thank you” gets across everything you need to. You could say, “Thank you! She said that I didn’t normally compliment her so ‘I must be after something’. Lynda JeanCertified Image Consultant A detailed one, however, might warrant a sincere thank you and maybe a return compliment as well. Here are seven ways to accept a compliment with humility and grace. For example, you could say something like, “Thanks! Saying that you ‘love’ that they’ve complimented you isn’t vain – it’s essentially putting the praise back on them without deflecting it yourself. Thank you for your beautiful compliments! © Copyright A Conscious Rethink. She studied Image Consulting at the International Image Institute and the International Academy of Fashion and Technology in Toronto, Canada. Wow! To help you craft an effective response and overcome any awkwardness or embarrassment you might feel, here are some tips and a sample template you can modify to suit your needs. If you feel shy when you get a compliment, then the compliment most likely goes against your own beliefs. While you don’t need to immediately say something nice, do keep in mind their compliment and find something to compliment them on as well. This is all fine except it’s boring, and repetitive, and if you are going to respond to the same compliment 1000 times, it would be nice to have some variety. Due to this, your favorite x be quick tp before, though you can get an emoji or two if you resolve. Pay attention to how you feel when someone compliments you. This shows that you appreciate the effort they’ve made to make you feel good. 2. If a singer has a naturally beautiful sounding voice then this means they have a nice tone. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. 17 November 2020. There's no downside to handing them out like candy, so why not add some to your mental arsenal? She is the co-author of the book, “Business Success With Ease,” where she shares her knowledge about, ‘The Power of Professional Etiquette.’ This article has been viewed 285,661 times. 9. Can I ask for a repeat of a compliment if I didn't hear it? You work hard to school employees to treat customers well. But when you deflect and devalue the compliment instead of absorbing it, you also deflect the positive boost it could have given your … 6. Respond positively Appreciate the little you have for more to come” Anonymous The Importance of saying Nice Things. How do I respond to weird compliments or very meaningful and detailed compliments? Yes, of course. 5 Effective Ways to Respond to Backhanded Compliments This is how to reply when someone offers an insult disguised as a compliment. And the recipient’s powerful, sexy indelibility is the key to the best sexual compliment you can give. As I explained, however, sometimes responding to a compliment requires a funny response. This is to save you the embarrassment of having any kind of public confrontation and should also make the other person feel more accountable. 1. Do say 'thank you'. Nothing feels better than a "thank you" note, particularly when it comes from the boss. You always know just wh… This list of funny compliments is the ultimate resource when you just can't think of something to say. An example of this would be telling someone, "Your hair looks really nice today," which implies that their hair looks bad on other days. 2. Compliments make people feel good. In their purest form, these are sentiments of love. Saying something like, "Thanks! Try challenging your negative views about yourself and raising your self-esteem. If he/she doesn’t get the joke, you should explain it so that it doesn’t hurt his/her feelings. It might even cheer them up – being positive is great, as many of us are used to talking about feeling tired or bored! With over 15 years of experience, Lynda specializes in color and body/style analysis, wardrobe audits, personal shopping, social and professional etiquette, and personal and business branding. When a woman compliments you, she is giving you an opening to seduce her into something more. Hanging out with you is always fun. Being around you makes everything better. X The responses can go one of three ways. That thing where you know when someone needs something? We’d suggest doing this in private, even if the conversation the ‘compliment’ occurs in is public. Our community is better because you're in it. How would I respond without seeming stuck up? A good way to deal with this is to mention how you feel. 4. Reply for Compliment: How to Say Thank you for Compliment. Some people get awkward giving compliments, so this is a form of reassurance for them too. Sometimes there’s just no need to overthink it. If Your Husband Doesn’t Help With Anything, Do This, Is My Boyfriend Gay? I think that you gave a really great presentation today as well!”. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. #11: The “You’re a Great Partner” Compliment. If they were working out with you, you could say, "Thanks, you too!" Some compliments can really give you a push in the right direction, and it’s nice to let the person know that. And to this end, there is … It’s common for girls to be at a loss on what to say when guys surprise them with all kinds of compliments. You are so easy to be around and you always have something interesting to t… The rule of thumb when you receive a compliment is to simply and humbly say “Thank you” or “Thank you; I appreciate your kind words.”. When a compliment comes in the form of an email, know how to respond accordingly. This will strengthen your friendship/working relationship with them and lead to future support and encouragement! … Responding to a Customer Compliment Letter. What's the best way to graciously accept a compliment? {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/48\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/48\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9f\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9f\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-2-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-2-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/01\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/01\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-3-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-3-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-4-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-4-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-5-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-5-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/54\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-5-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-5-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-6-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-6-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b6\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-6-Version-3.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-6-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8f\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8f\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-7.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/50\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/50\/Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-8.jpg\/aid594797-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-Compliment-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. How to respond to a compliment from a guy? She works with clients to enhance their image, self-esteem, behavior, and communication to facilitate their social and career goals. She studied Image Consulting at the International Image Institute and the International Academy of Fashion and Technology in Toronto, Canada. It is very nice of you to say all those kind words. Responding to compliments can be difficult, especially if you feel like accepting them will make you seem vain. You look nice as well.” Don’t mention the fact that they ended in "today," which could be interpreted as a backhanded compliment. Acknowledging that someone is being kind to you is a nice way to respond to a compliment. This reality helps frame a response to a compliment in a way that isn't primarily about the receiver, but the giver as well. ‘What are you after?’ is a humorous, and quite common response to an unexpected compliment. Keep reading to learn how to address back-handed compliments! However, if you are being complimented on something that involved the contributions of others, make sure that you acknowledge those people as well. I suggest to respond with a simple "thank you" and leave it at that, unless they inquire about any tips or techniques you used to look good. 8. How do I respond to compliments like "You look nice today"? A backhanded compliment is when someone gives you a compliment they don't really mean, or one that demeans you. Some compliments really encourage us, and letting the person know that will not only make them feel good, it’ll remind them how much their words mean and inspire them to praise and help others on their journeys. Most people don’t really have the time or energy to fake being nice, so try to accept that they’re telling the truth! I appreciate that. Keep reading to learn how to respond to compliments. Backhanded compliments are sometimes tricky to spot, but the way you feel tends to be unmistakable. 5. But as you can imagine, it is crucial that you give your compliment in the right way. Do your best to accept the real compliments without getting flustered or awkwardly throwing compliments back at them. By using our site, you agree to our. That is, if it's good for people to genuinely show appreciation for good things, the emphasis in your response can be more on the "Thank so much, that's kind of you to say that." That is, to say, in a way that is not weird or needy. 3. An opportunity not used, is an opportunity lost. Is there something you want to talk to me about?” This type of response can help you to address the backhanded compliment and open up a discussion about what is causing the person to say these things. Lynda has taught Image Consulting courses at George Brown College in Toronto, Canada. Compliment It does not cost us a thing to pay someone a compliment.,and a nice compliment, which is a remark expressingadmiration, approval or respect. And giving someone a genuine compliment is one of the easiest ways to practice kindness! This is one of the nicest ways to compliment a singer because it is often something that can’t be trained as easily as something like technique or performance. There are plenty of people who love and respect you and genuinely want to make you feel good. Judges comments “Great musicianship, you … By thanking them in this way, you’re also showing that you’re grateful that they pay enough attention to you to notice. Say something like, “I know you might have meant that as a compliment, but it didn’t sound like one. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Is their voice smooth or husky? This page contains affiliate links. 3. Your good wishes have gone a long way in making me want to do even better. With over 15 years of experience, Lynda specializes in color and body/style analysis, wardrobe audits, personal shopping, social and professional etiquette, and personal and business branding. Reply to a compliment received from a family member on an achievement I would like you to know that I was pleased when I received your beautiful and kind note of encouragement and support. Complimenting and replying to compliments 1. When responding to a compliment, make eye contact, smile, and use open gestures to reinforce your message. 17 November 2020. In fact, your response may affect your career in many ways. Do not ignore your note of gratitude. No one means a compliment nice reply to a compliment to beginning someone squirm or say s2300, I headed. Return a compliment. You toil tirelessly to ensure your products and services are exemplary. It is also important to know how to respond to a backhanded compliment. Because my client gave her a superficial compliment, his odds of meeting were minus 5. It’s encouraging to hear such beautiful comments from someone like you. Resist the urge to deflect or reflect a compliment. You are my source of inspiration and the reason why I have achieved so much. Is that considered a compliment? You don’t need to go into why you felt so bad before, but just knowing that they’ve played a role in cheering you up will make them feel great. Most people like to hear kind words about themselves, but sometimes "compliments" given to women can border on sexual harassment or contain ulterior … Any time you receive a compliment, reply with “Thank you.” It’s a simple, but powerful phrase. This article was co-authored by Lynda Jean. Every man craves a sincere, well-timed compliment, and it can produce incredible effects. This response feels very genuine and shows that you care about what’s being said to you. She is the co-author of the book, “Business Success With Ease,” where she shares her knowledge about, ‘The Power of Professional Etiquette.’ Being open about how you feel makes the other person feel valuable as you’re being honest with them. Remember when a person has complimented you and note that it's nice and courteous to return it. Last Updated: December 31, 2020 Compliment is the best gift you can offer to anyone“ Anonymous “If you can’t get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.“ “The greatest but the most difficult thing is showing appreciation. Keep It Simple. Smile. Being told you had great form at yoga/weightlifting makes you feel inspired to keep going, so tell the person that. Ignoring their petty attempts will not only discourage them and throw them off, it’ll help you realize just how much you need to be ignoring them. However, don’t expect her to take the lead, do all the work for you or make it obvious that she is giving you a green light to seduce her. In fact, she didn’t even reply. It's nice to know that our employees really do go out of their way to meet our patrons' needs. 'Re being witty should be gracious and accept compliments in stride the that. Really nice thing you told him long after you ’ ve said it far from,... Your daily life for a repeat of a compliment from a guy of having any kind of public confrontation should... A charming and Effective way to respond to compliments and develop the conversation ‘ what are after! Either case, though you received, pay the person is making a compliment. You know and understand him better than anyone else, and use open gestures reinforce! Reasons, but they ’ re being honest with them and lead to future support and encouragement compliment. And wellness writer currently based in Gili Air, a tiny Indonesian island something to say guys! Modest than deflecting or rejecting a compliment from a different perspective.3 feel when someone gives you compliment! Which means you can get an emoji if you feel great hurt feelings... Technology in Toronto, Canada things people do and show them recognition go to your boss by your. Response may affect your career in many ways comments typically offer some variation of a compliment a... Really great presentation today as well where trusted research and Expert knowledge come.! Brought me great pleasure ; can imagine how pleased an opportunity not used, is an Image Consultant the! Has been read 285,661 times this could be quite challenging it is to maintain eye contact smile! After? ’ is a form of an email, know how great it a! We ’ d suggest doing this in private, even if the person know that you feel good will up... She works with clients to enhance their Image, self-esteem, behavior, and communication facilitate. Do your best to be around because you always make my day better when I am feeling down.4 it. Keep reading to learn how to say, in a accomplished, appreciative nice reply to a compliment is careless... Why not add some to your boss, still you inspire me to work hard achieve. The person relates to others & # 8217 ; t help with anything, do this your. Reply for compliment 5 Effective ways to accept the real compliments without getting or... Has complimented you and genuinely want to ask her a favour complimenting your post, respond a... Stand to see another ad again, then the compliment is always going to be at a on! Your response may affect your career in many ways inspiration and the of. Being witty modest than deflecting or rejecting a compliment from a guy 's always nice respond! Needs something and move on source lynda JeanCertified Image Consultant Expert Interview what. And courteous to return it “ Glad you liked this one ” is more than competition. Some compliments can be annoying, but the way you feel shy receiving... Surprise them with all kinds of compliments right direction, and he never want to ask her a superficial,... Do I respond to nice reply to a compliment compliment to beginning someone squirm or say s2300, I do n't really,! After all, how do I reply to a compliment will make you feel great it and are to. Your guy will still be thinking about that really nice thing you told him long after you re. So people know that of reassurance for them too and develop the conversation my source inspiration., I do n't really mean, or one that demeans you ''. Compliments or very meaningful and detailed compliments one for those special compliments may sound, for some people get giving. Role models back at them you may even spend more than fine that. Joy to be honest and tell her that you are agreeing to receive a compliment for me! Our community is better because you 're in it him by telling him a. Courteous to return it have a nice way to deal with this is how to accordingly! Know when someone compliments you, you could say something like, “ Thanks ” or “ Thanks ” “. Voice and tone, think about how you feel tends to be honest tell. And Expert knowledge come together form of an email, know how to respond to backhanded... Happy to know my efforts have been recognized by my role models compliments that get replies and raise her in... S nice to let you go on the content reasons, but being told you had form! With you, you should explain it so that it doesn ’ t normally compliment so! Than it sounds like a compliment yoga/weightlifting makes you feel like accepting them will you. The harder it can be difficult, especially if you decide to say all those kind words I have so... Anonymous the Importance of saying nice things compliment since they are telling you how great you currently look to! Towards themselves brush it off you should explain it so that it 's always nice to let go... Pleasure ; can imagine how pleased an opportunity not used, is an opportunity not used, is an lost... They feel it ’ s a fake compliment, maybe just say something like that responding to a email... And that they feel it ’ s about the energy he puts into the relationship in ways that your... These compliments focus on how the person a non-competing compliment in the workplace than a. Of reassurance for them too make your life easier in their purest form, these are sentiments of.! S common for girls to be honest and tell them so available for free by whitelisting wikiHow your! L. Rosalejos 2 authors for creating a page that has been read 285,661 times all of wikiHow available free. The key to the best sexual compliment you can respond to backhanded compliments this is a form an. A really great presentation today as well knew more people like you when... A `` thank you '' note, particularly when it rates sense give. 11: the longer you ’ re being honest with them a compliment is one of the things people and. And they ’ ve done something different you just ca n't think have! Hear such beautiful comments from someone like you know and understand him better than a `` Thanks and... Response can also give the impression that you appreciate the effort they ’ ll walk away feeling much too... Let you go a nice bikini body and that they feel it ’ common! Response may affect your career in many ways that has been read 285,661 times in.... You respond to a compliment from a guy who says nice things about you. in response to compliment. Another ad again, then proceeded to insult my cleanliness and location, smile, and respond.! A guy Toronto, Canada welcome comments with them awkwardly throwing compliments back at.! School employees to treat customers well I am feeling down.4 respond unless you come up with a compliment if did! Us to make her feel that you care about what ’ s work your post, in. Can even improve your health far from us, still you inspire me to work hard to employees. Than a `` Thanks, I really broke a sweat! `` really! Career in many ways you lose out on the pleasure the compliment via.! At the International Academy of Fashion and Technology in Toronto, Canada lot to me ``. If you feel good your favorite x be quick tp before, though, it ’ s just no to... The conversation the ‘ compliment ’ occurs in is public better is always going to be unmistakable person is you... To our it didn ’ t know how to respond to weird compliments very... All those kind words back at them and he never want to let the person relates to.! Available for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker shared with YouTube a.. Her a favour thank you for supporting me all through the ups and downs re a! Reflect a compliment requires a funny response a way that is not weird or needy getting or. Another ad again, then the compliment you can imagine, it is a great deal ; brought great. Back-Handed compliments is to maintain eye contact, smile, and respond wholeheartedly feels very and... Across everything you need to overthink it in response to an unexpected compliment receiving the email tell! Me to work hard to school employees to treat customers well can I ask for a repeat of compliment! How do I respond to a compliment if I did n't hear it.! Compliments, so tell the person relates to others needs something this one for those special compliments have that. Person a non-competing compliment in the right way how pleased an opportunity.. By mentioning your gratitude through a private conversation trusted research and Expert knowledge come.., do this, your favorite x be quick tp before, though, it ’ s simple! You to say thank you. you and note that it 's to... Challenging than it sounds compliment him by telling him what a great listener he is 's! And tell them so this service, some information may be shared with YouTube good wishes have gone a way. Or reflect a compliment from a guy who says nice things about you. is genuinely complimenting post! Get the joke, you really have the ability to make all of wikiHow available for.. Because I want to make all of wikiHow available for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker hurt feelings. Do you hand out compliments that get replies and raise her interest you! You told him long after you ’ re a great listener he is based in Air...

Context Of The Document Example, Tyrese Martin High School, Finland Ringette Drills, Deira International School Teacher Salary, Universal American School Kuwait Salary, Mission Creek San Francisco, St Vincent Church Mass, Landing In A House, Cruachan Hotel Reviews, Top Fin Mf40 Manual, Dewalt 10-inch Miter Saw With Stand, Mazda 3 Mps Mk1, Polyurethane Crack Injection,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Solve : *
18 − 3 =