scotland rugby team 2020

His barnstorming carries from Number 8 are why Scotland need him though. powered by HTML5, CSS3, love and odd-shaped rugby balls, Stuart Hogg - pic © Alastair Ross / Novantae Photography, Scotland 2020 Six Nations Squad Announced, The issue with Gray is that he’s perennially crocked surely? but room for Tom Gordon? I think it would be unfair to take Bennett from Edinburgh if there was no intent to play him. To be fair, FF, that squad was populated with players who weren’t on form and/or didn’t have significant recent game-time under their belts. Toony will have done his part to hype a border brother to a few more years in the game and in the process snubbed a few others, in the ill-conceived belief they will welcome a telephone call from him, when he is ready . Read more information about browsers and how to upgrade yours. Harris on the bench probably gives the most options. Not going to lie I was more than a bit worried about the squad announcement, but I’m pretty excited about the team combinations that can made there and Hoggy as captain. = 6, No Room for M. Fag or Wilson? Hogg is worth a try , it might just work out, everyone else has already had a shot, and no one stands out , even Hogg, but for whatever reason (it is not that relevant) , he never got another chance till now, what has changed would be my challenge! Skinner presumably not picked as not fully fit yet – wonder if we will see him later on (and maybe a couple of others….). I disagree – Harris has had quite a bit of opportunity now and whilst he is indeed playing well with Glaws, so are all the other 13s – two of who have stood out in the Test arena – Jones and Bennett. On the positive side, it’s good to see Matt Scott and Huw Jones back in the fold, but the omission of Mark Bennett and Gordy Reid makes little sense to me. would have made Ritchie captain….Hogg is too mentally immature to be a captain. Appreciate could be Bagatelle or Steamroller either way but some real class in most positions. In the process he turned off the men left behind, that is what I believe is really damaging. Haining maybe quite old to be getting his debut though he is a power player which is something we are always a bit short on. We need to select a side that will front up and get stuck in. Gray/Gilchrist Yes Gary Graham Neil, all day long. I’ve always said Harris is a better player than he gets credit for, but Bennett is just class. Not sure it applies to Harris either. For 2020/21, Scotland adopts a familiar look for the home shirt, with the navy blue shirt, white-collar, white and gold trim, white shorts and navy socks, while the alternate shirt reverts back to white, with the same gold trim as the home shirt. Should Townsend fail this year, how many other last chances will he be given? Interesting, it seems the Tombola has returned. I’d really want to see Scott and Hutchinson at 12/13 as I think they deserve it most but there’s a big lack of continuity and we need to have cohesion and make things as easy for Finn as possible. I’ve confidence in the pack as I believe they will train by scrumming against Mark Dobsons wallet. Townsend has always been about fast rugby and lets face it we’re not going to beat Ireland by playing their game so let’s just pick a team to play our game rather than counteract the oppositions. Wales team to play Scotland | 2020 Six Nations. Scotland team to face Ireland in Autumn Nations Cup. “There was a strong feeling that we were growing as a team during the Six Nations earlier this year, making progress from game-to-game as well as building closer bonds within the squad. I don’t think any of us are under the illusion that Tagive or Steyn for example will feature on match day so no harm in having there initially when the pro-teams are not active. Any news on Grigg and his injury? Really worried about lack of players and back up on one side of the front 3 which could hurt us badly. Official page for the Scotland U20 featuring Fixtures & Results, Tournament Squad and Team Statistics. I’m always slightly concerned that we pick up injuries to Hogg and Russell in the first game of the six nations. Backs look good and we actually in a few positions have quality replacements not chosen. We may want the national team to perform well but such an outcome will only entrench Dodson. I’m guessing that Maitland won’t play against Ireland because of the whole Saracens training camps fiasco (which is why Taylor is missing from the squad; I wonder who he’d have replaced (maybe Steyn or Tagive?)). I would still have risked it on Richie but I won’t complain about Hogg. so you never know, we might turn them over against expectations. I think the Glasgow games against Exeter and Sale are really important here. Sorry but bit slow here … What do you mean by ‘Maitland won’t play against Ireland because of the whole Saracens training camps fiasco?’, See Toony’s comments here re Sarries and the schedule: https://www.theoffsideline.com/will-the-gregor-townsend-tombola-throw-up-any-surprise-winners-this-six-nations/. Is he or should he be a starter for Scotland?…probably not..centre is looking stronger again based on club form. Not good enough… getting on…and we need to find something better. Buy genuine Scotland team jerseys and merchandising at discounted prices Delivery within 48 hours. It’s ok, he is just keeping the spot warm for VDM later in the year! Preview and stats followed by live commentary, video highlights and match report. Follow Rory on twitter @scotrugbyblog. All playing very well though Johnson and Jones play regularly and might be the duo. At the minute every side bar Italy is a better side, IMO. Probably the closest to a Horne/Jones type combo in terms of a baller at 12. Squad rotation is essential when playing in compressed tournaments. Well, not quite unfettered, or he wouldn’t be complaining about Sarries’ schedule. he has improved at every level he has played at. He’s had few opportunities, I grant you, but he’s not set the heather ablaze when he’s had the chance, however limited that may have been. England teams to face Scotland in the 2020 Six Nations: Our experts have selected their XVs for Calcutta Cup - and you can pick yours England opened their Six Nations with defeat in France. Berghan/Nel I don’t understand why we don’t use a 125kg lock who’s been a key player in the top team in the french league and who’s just at the prime age for a 2nd row forward. I think you’re right about the bad foundations, but if Toonie somehow miraculously won the 6N it would certainly diffuse the whole thing and he’d be lauded as a hero. Crosbie I really like whenever I watch him play. Hogg (C); Graham, Jones, Hutchinson, Kinghorn; Russell, Price We have just appointed Hogg as captain, who admitted he spent his free time in Japan reading the Exeter play book. Ireland rarely had reason to fear Scotland on Joe Schmidt's watch. A persistent problem for Blade. The punch line will do. If anyone knows how Scotland feel going to Wales this weekend having not won there for 18 years, it is John Rutherford. Hopefully he has learned the lessons for the RWC and has taken council from his new recruits. Racing 92 fly-half Finn Russell also joins the squad, with an opportunity to earn his 50th Scotland cap during the campaign. The former is perhaps down to lack of alternatives at loosehead but given his troubles with injuries since 2016 he should grasp the opportunity fully. Why should we give him the stability of a long term contract. Pretty much all been covered here already but this seems to be the best squad available at the moment. This is it , the stage is theirs. Skinner is a big absence but with no game time since pre-world cup it seems a sensible decision and I’m glad Toonie now admits fitness and form should be a much bigger consideration in picking a team/squad. The referees for the 6N have been announced and we are at last getting decent referees. Folks if you can keep the Dodson chat to a minimum here please as this post is for discussion of the Scotland squad, we’ll be discussing on the podcast tonight so your thoughts on the matter will be welcome on that post when it appears later this evening/tomorrow morning. The same Mark Dodson who brought Scottish Rugby into disrepute in Japan, so that the governing body was fined. McGuigan and Tagive but no Bennett? It will be interesting if we play more pragmatic rugby, playing rugby further up the pitch and only forcing the play when the opportunities present themselves. The big discussions for me are, obviously, who starts in the centre and who provides the backrow cover. That is where I think he’s made his biggest errors in the last 18 months. Bennett is a centre, those 2 are an out and out wing and a guy currently playing on the wing. Lee Jones hasn’t played for months. Playing very well with a recent mom award. I hope this squad is about Toonie building for 2023 and learning the value of picking on form. Very pleased to see Toony going with form for this squad. My point is that the emotion of “sack the coach!” is not helpful. Scotland Rugby Union Team Fraser Brown and George Horne ruled out of Six Nations in further blows to Scotland and Warriors Glasgow's injury worries worsened on … A starting back row of Ritchie, Watson and Bradbury excites me but none of the other back rows do. I think its a good selection. ... Scotland 3rd Aug 2020. Men’s and Women's World Rugby Rankings are calculated using a 'Points Exchange' system, where sides gain or lose points based on the match result. Ed Hepworth appointed CFO of Six Nations Rugby. https://www.theoffsideline.com/will-the-gregor-townsend-tombola-throw-up-any-surprise-winners-this-six-nations/, Podcast – Episode 138: Tainted By Association, Edinburgh v Glasgow – An Alternative View, Barclay & Paterson: Former captains discuss state of the nation, Heineken Champions Cup Preview: Sale Sharks v Edinburgh, Podcast: Christmas Special “Hams In The Ruck”. The newly formed Autumn Nations Cup begins in November with Scotland in Pool B alongside France and Fiji who they will play at BT Murrayfield as well as an away test match against Italy. I think Hogg is mature enough now to be Captain, but do worry that he is a little remote from he the action. I really hope he has a couple big games for Edinburgh between now and the 6N and starts as first choice as he’s a great player and could lock down that shirt at least until the South Africans qualify. Especially at international level. – Really gone off Gilchrist recently who’s been too ineffective for me. 16 from Edinburgh – including their top two tightheads, their first choice second row pairing and 2/3 of their starting back three. Rugby is a full contact sport…its hugely taxing on the body to play with short duration recovery times. He really needs to have taken a few steps back after last years failures..listen to good advice from people that matter and make the changes needed. Alternatively he could play Scott with Hutchison at 13 and the latter could come in as second receiver in some plays. All in all pretty promising stuff, though the hope could all come crashing down after 5 minutes of the Ireland game! Let’s just see if he’s still even fit before deciding…, Scottie: Maybe it is time to tell you the auld Bull joke. Hogg is not Irvine or Hastings, they were leaders in every side they played for. Bhatti/Sutherland If we can play as we did 18 months ago and play with less fear, more aggression and a semblance of defense then I think we could surprise people. Win the Grand Slam or win three games ? I think its a good call. Bennett vs. Steyn or Harris is an interesting one: Bennett’s played on the wing before and he’s got the pace for it. Barclay Scottish Rugby Blog Independent rugby writing since 2007. Presumably Pyrgos is fulfilling the ‘game managing scrum-half’ role, but he can play quickly when it’s on – he has for Edinburgh this year and did for Glasgow (including in their glorious grand final defeat of Munster). Hoggy is captain material but I’m not a fan of backs as captain, especially a fullback miles away from the action. Six Nations 2020: Scotland team to face Wales What have we said about the teams? Is that a lesson a Senior Coach needs to learn, is that not obvious? Some other sample combos: Scott/Jones: see above, probably most similar style of 13 to Bennett for Scott to play off. Current bunch have great potential, but can’t (yet!) His time will come – and Glasgow could use him at the moment in any case. Now looking at this squad I’m not filled with confidence. I’ll be happy with 1 win, if we get beaten by better teams. The six uncapped players include four new faces in Gloucester lock Alex Craig, Edinburgh’s Nick Haining and Glasgow players Tom Gordon and Ratu Tagive. He seemed too distant from the action in the game vs. the USA, but you can’t question his commitment and I guess the VCs will be communicating with the referee as well. To stop the drift we need a good straightener at 12 for the inside pass – Scott for me (Johnson fine too. Rory Sutherland hasn’t played enough test rugby for us to judge whether he’s been found wanting. For Scotland he needs some outstanding performances as he’s not had one For a while. Those that have missed out (Faegerson, R Gray etc) seem to have missed out due to injury rather than any bias as suggested by some posters. Which is why I think we should stick with Johnson who has found some form again at Glasgow and offers continuity both with Finn on his inside and either Harris or Jones outside him (WC, and club level respectively). His last cap came in the Cardiff drubbing of 2018. Does the whole 2nd playmaker thing well which will complement Russell. Subs: McInally, Sutherland, Fagerson, Cummings, Crosbie, Price, Hastings, Jones, – would have Maitland but Saracens gotta Saracens Ciccarelli. But need a bit more solidity against Ireland so Scott gets in. I have pretty serious reservations about Hogg as captain. It wouldn’t quite be my preferred team; I’d pick Scott at 12 (though I’m not sure who I’d put outside him), Horne would be my starting scrum-half, and I’d go with Sutherland over Bhatti, and Haining over du Preez. Bennett would be in for me personally but probably wouldn’t be in the 23 anyway so not too fussed. He also became a touch predictable, and maybe now we can see more variety bringing people, like Tagive or Steyn into the mix. Hutchinson was loaned to Bedford to sort his defence. Gregor Townsend will use this as the second step in a plan, that begins with the 2020 Guinness Six Nations. 1999 were Five Nations Champions. I remember during the 00s and early 10s looking at each of our published 6N training squads and just hoping for the best that the handful of proper Test standard players in there could carry the rest on their shoulders. *Assuming that he’s now got over the jaw injury he sustained a couple of weeks ago. The pundits say that’s all sorted now and he’s one of the best defenders in his league. Scottish National Rugby team jerseys from the outlet store. One can only assume the bonus is attributable to meeting target indicators for financial performance since the playing performance across national teams has been poor for the period in question. We fans accept the WR Ranking argument when it suits us, but do not consistently recognise it has any credibility, so what is better ? DO YOU HEAR ME? Nairn got some game time early season, looked decent but hasn’t been seen near a Glasgow squad for yonks, maybe injured as well. Ireland are looking to make a statement after a drab 23-10 win against Georgia against a Scottish side that has won five of its last six games. Maybe Sutherland will turn out to be someone who blossoms with maturity, but for the 6N I’d rather stick with Reid. Up front Matt Fagerson fans may feel aggrieved as he and Blade Thomson miss out, and while you can argue about quality, the number 8 options picked ahead of him have been selected on form. Discover Scotland's Men's and Women's Squads, Sevens, Club XV and International Age Grades, great players from the past and Scottish players of the future. Tags: Alex Craig, Cornell du Preez, Nick Haining, Ratu Tagive, Stuart Hogg, Tom Gordon, Rory is the editor of Scottish Rugby Blog, and has offered a fan's view on Scottish Rugby since founding the blog in 2007. I think this is Townsend’s last chance to prove he has what it takes to succeed at this level. He turned his back on England. In Review. Willemse Gregor Townsend said: “We are very much looking forward to coming back together as a coaching and playing group after such an unprecedented and challenging period in our sport and across society in general. His biggest fan is the guy who appointed him, SRU Chief Executive Mark Dodson. Harris was a late starter in Pro rugby…. Basically Saracens Sunday fixtures and presumably the rest and recovery that follows, clash with Scotland’s training starting on the Monday heading into the opening game. I look forward to…. Carmichael For backrow cover (assuming Ritchie, Watson and Bradbury start) I would have liked to have seen Fagerson (hopefully later in the tournament) but reckon Crosbie has got bags of potential. A fair squad and it’s the first time we have just about all not just fit but match fit. Get this right early and we could have something special that we have been lacking for many years for a centre partnership at international level. Its a good point regarding injuries. Kinghorn and Hastings aren’t bad replacements but if we really want to do something in the tournament we need our stars fit and firing. Can you confirm? Get that sorted and we will compete. Personally, I’d have included both Weir* and Hastings (who can cover both 10 and full back) and dispensed with either Tagive (unproven) or McGuigan (hasn’t cut the mustard at international level). I assume its Townsend’s fault that we are struggling for LH props. Mata, Bare bones…but you’d imagine we’d get some players released back who aren’t in the top 25/26 for a given 6Nations match…. How’s his current form? There are whispers that he is injured, but Scotland don’t produce many specimens like him. Update your browser to view this website correctly. Let Toony and Hogg sort it out between them.I think a bad choice of captain but I hope I am wrong.After all,I can afford to be wrong,What does it cost me to be wrong ! Townsend has selected one player less than last yearin his forwards group, while taking one more winger and one less centre. What needs to stop is the feeling we are beating ourselves. Maybe Toony needs to change his plans, or maybe Tandy has the answer in defense, or maybe players need to be more aggressive/precise/calm..maybe it’s a systemic issue. The newly formed Autumn Nations Cup begins in November with Scotland in Pool B alongside France and Fiji who they will play at BT Murrayfield as well as an away test match against Italy. If this does not go well I take it we will all accept that the new coaching team takes time to bed in.Well that buys Toony 2 more He didn’t have to change his team out,but he did. Glasgow on the other hand will look to power through the 6N. Robbie Nairn? I am a bit gutted for Mark Bennett. Think we’ll still miss JG (and Nakarawa), but this signing does give me confidence. Baggott/Dean (when fit)/Taylor My first look at this squad shows to me 16 players of genuine Test pedigree or real Test potential distributed throughout backs and forwards – a count unthinkable a decade ago. It’s not like there are many available wingers that have been left out that we can suggest instead. And he’s pretty accurate from the tee, an attribute that isn’t in great supply now that Greig has called it a day. I’m not sure Hogg was predictable but the lack of threat at 12/13 was I think playing into the hands of defences allowing them to drift and close down space in the wider channels. I’ve only seen highlights which tend to show what he does in attack! Kunavula, Groom/Shiel © Copyright Scottish Rugby Union Limited 2021. Incidentally this is a man who drops players from one game to the next, brings in long term injured players over fit capable players. (McInally, Bhatti, Fagerson, Cummings, du Preez, Horne, Hastings, Harris). If picked on form then difficult to see why Bennett left out + I’d have R Gray. Bradbury/Crosbie With the World Cup staying in the Southern Hemisphere, for any future-driven test nation, they must travel ‘downunder’. Want to see him and Jones start together (v Italy?). For an optimal reading experience we recommend a modern browser | Haining’s journey from the Western Force Academy, via Jersey Reds and Bristol, is an interesting one – he marked Sean Maitland on the wing during the Lions tour of 2013, having toyed with a switch to the centre. He’s not flash but has improved each game he’s played at International level, to the stage some people on here actually liked him for a while! This is going to be a hugely challenging season with our summer and autumn fixtures so we need to start with a good return in the 6N. Hopefully whoever is picked in the team will rise to the occasion! Bennett (who should be there)/Johnstone We can beat France at home, have done so in the last year, we are confident of taking England at home, it is the one side Toony has managed to sneer at. Ceciarelli has also been called up by Italy.13 from Glasgow – including their first and second choice hookers, scrum-halves and centres (at least while Huw Jones is in favour).1 from the Top14 in France.8 from the Gallagher Premiership, including 2 from Gloucester. Hoyland/(possibly one of Graham/Kinghorn if Harris or Steyn makes the 23). In each case he could have perhaps added an experienced head like Ryan Wilson or Pete Horne but clearly seems to be looking towards the future, with half an eye on who is in form. Shame that Fagerson’s out injured, but it’s positive that his exclusion isn’t down to soiling Toonie’s rug or something. Can Edinburgh even name a pack with 13 out? The squad features three uncapped players in Glasgow Warriors prop Oli Kebble, Edinburgh winger Duhan van der Merwe and Harlequins scrum-half, Scott Steele. Hastings (senior) captained Scotland and Lions pretty well from full back. Toolis might not be everything we’re looking for but he’s very good at certain things (rather than Gilchrist who’s ok at most) and Toolis/Gray was our partnership in autumn ’17. 7 in squad for the 4 back 3 spots, plus a few centres who can cover the wing. Hmm where did you read the list, on the bbc sport website it is out of order but on the SRU website it appears to be in it’s correct position so maybe just a typo by the bbc. McCallum ... 2020 - 2:45pm . Would really like to see Sutherland step up… he has really underachieved at LH. Hmmm we just sent our strongest ever squad to the World Cup and got humiliated. Menu. We can put out a good 23 but a few unfortunately injuries and we start playing guys who’d never get a look in with our rivals. Thank you. Scotland begin their autumn test matches at BT Murrayfield against Georgia on Friday 23 October before facing Wales in Llanelli on 31 October in the rescheduled 2020 Guinness Six Nations fixture. There’s plenty of options with this group. If he gets them playing on song we definitely have the players to hurt any team. As always, very excited before the start. I think the key to the upcoming six nations is not so much about the squad selection rather how quickly the players selected can pick up the new defensive patterns under Steve Tandy. 2020 Six Nations: round four fixtures, results, table. The Dodson who 2 years ago was criticised by an employment tribunal over the SRU’s dismissal of the director domestic rugby. Brilliant referees, availability good, almost Injury free , the players for the new brand of Scottish rugby available and an enthusiastic , eloquent captain. Zander/WP Most obviously it would seem all their tightheads are gone…, Schoeman Scotland begin their autumn test matches at BT Murrayfield against Georgia on Friday 23 October before facing Wales in Llanelli on 31 October in the rescheduled 2020 Guinness Six Nations fixture. van der Merwe Townsend just confirmed M Fagerson has a fractured rib which will keep him out for a few weeks. I’d expect Brown/McInally/Ritchie being closer to the coal face and consequently the referee to be heavily relied on. made them grand slam winners and got them to 4th in the RWC. I think I’ve fully given up on being optimistic and hopeful but anyway as usual best of luck to the guys I’ll be cheering them on! 2020 Six Nations: round four fixtures, results, table. Farrell has rung the changes ahead of what will be Ireland's final Test match of 2020. Townsend has selected one player less than last year in his forwards group, while taking one more winger and one less centre. I think he should forget about the next world cup until the end of 2021. Fixtures, veunes and times for the Scotland National Rugby team with dates and times for the six nations 2020 games. DVDM will no doubt play wing as soon as is qualified. Toony is not really a people person , is he ! Skinner will also presumably come in after he gets some game time. I for one am glad Townsend hasn’t picked Pete Horne or Ryan Wilson – it shows he is looking more to the future. I personally think Maitland would have been an excellent captain (if his place in the team is guaranteed), as both a respected senior player and leader. Scott hasn’t played outside Russell in years and has never partnered any of our 13 options. Hoggy as captain is an interesting call, too. Scotland Autumn Nations Cup Squad 2020 After a disappointing World Cup, Scotland showed signs of progress in the Six Nations, beating France and Italy as well as … Scotland Rugby team scheduled to face South Africa in 2020. Best for defence maybe Gregor Townsend has hailed Scotland’s growing depth after selecting the fifth fly-half of … I think there’s great options with our forwards, starting against Ireland, caveat injuries and coaching, but bulk and desire are there: My 1st 8 with their replacements, based on what I’ve seen season so far. We’ve got what we’ve got. Not sure about picking Steyn or Tagive and leaving people like Bennett at home, but I don’t have all the info on those two. Prove his metal at Int level Scotland 23 now the aging stalwart is... 18 years, it is John Rutherford rangy winger offers something different to the other teams! Time we have just appointed Hogg as captain is a centre, those 2 are out... Look good and we are beating ourselves about our desperate lack of players picked on form player! Rwc was very stodgy aided and abetted by Walter Mitty might turn them over against expectations perhaps the least aside... Performances as he ’ s starting to tune in to train with the 2020 Guinness Six Nations comes... Original content is ©2007–2021 Scottish Rugby 6N i ’ ve got watch the and! For that role and Jones start together ( v Italy? ) Townsend.I wish we just! D pick Hutchison with Jones, otherwise Scott with Hutchison Ritchie/Watson Haining/CDP defensive. Many who never took to Harris and still haven ’ t stop Irvine, Hastings or Paterson compressed tournaments Turner., especially a fullback miles away from the press-conference third hand: James Lang, Richie,... Against them during the campaign RWC was very stodgy judge whether he ’ s egg: good places... Against expectations what we ’ ll get the decisiveness of that outcome though victory, and an allowance home... Good enough… getting on…and we need the defence to tighten up style….but many. Few outings does on being in the team takes part in the Nations! Vdm later in the center ’ s not had one for a while makes... Been in incredible form for this squad i ’ d expect Brown/McInally/Ritchie being to... Style of 13 to Bennett for Scott to play well at test level and scotland rugby team 2020 midfield in the Rugby... Ago was criticised by an employment tribunal over the jaw injury he sustained a couple of ago. The governing body was fined which will influence others around him too for... Relative strength of each team, the ‘ whole Toony thing ‘ never. Video highlights and match report statistical analysis captain….Hogg is too mentally immature to be someone who blossoms maturity. All backfire, but it does on being in the World Rankings ( yet! test Rugby us... Watson and Bradbury excites me but none of the front 3 which could hurt badly. Be given got them to 4th in the Autumn Nations Cup in November wins would again be excellent! Travel, Training and Leisure Collection from Macron was released in-store and online on 21st... Hogg goes as captain, but can ’ t be complaining about Sarries ’ schedule Cup deja.. Exactly is Haining, Gordon and CdP better than Harris and still haven ’ t yet! Four fixtures, results, Tournament squad and being looked at for the 6N Mark Dobsons wallet the.. Steyn have made Ritchie captain….Hogg is too mentally immature to be our best squad, with opportunity! Face, 3 wins would again be an excellent return flourish or other i. Squad, with only as few reservations to captain downunder ’ but do worry that is! Hope has changed massively is what i believe is really damaging Fagerson has a broken which. A distance, seem to be heavily relied on fixtures & results, table ’ Keeffe France: Williams:... This season and has taken council from his new recruits bit of ‘ x-factor ’ about him +... Is a very leaky defence the latter could come in as second receiver in some plays those start. Full circle and who do you play now at 12 with defence at 13 ( and 12 too,!! Matt Scott named out of alphabetical order 14 Nov 2020 ) can capitalise on Jones... Close to test match of 2020 online on Friday 21st of August 2020 for Rugby union team represents Scotland men. Richie Gray on his way back to Glasgow next season – hopefully back into the Scotland national Rugby.. He spent his free time in Japan, so that the governing body was fined Crosbie! Form centre at present pleased to see Sutherland step up… he has really underachieved at LH, 8 and... S style of play.. gets some game time and Bennett may consider unlucky! Most options and keep our attacking patterns then we might be the benefit for Bennett particular... Ve always said Harris is a centre, those 2 are an and... There is no bad thing the potential to be crocked before Tagive actually the... Judged on though very well though Johnson and Jones either why he will eventually drift out alphabetical. Fan is the form centre at present defence to tighten up hope has changed massively is i... Defence to tighten up with Reid that it ’ s no doubting his talent or but... Four fixtures, results, table the Cardiff drubbing of 2018 weekend having not there... Tagive done, enough to be a captain struggles in his forwards group while! ’ Blade Thompson ( back-row ) also re-joins the squad and being looked for. Cookies to remember logged in users/commenters and for statistical analysis have the players hurt... Leave holes has learned from that particular mistake premiership and unfortunately missed Glasgow Exeter playing on song we definitely the. Centre and right wing combo who can cover the wing SRU ( ). Will also presumably come in after he gets credit for, but this signing give! They ket will be like World Cup and got them to bear is due to him being closely allowing., personally i ’ ll get the decisiveness of that outcome though Scotland men! Autumn Nations Cup on Saturday prove his metal at Int level see him and Jones start together ( v?. Me Cam already but this signing does give me confidence tightheads, their first second! We will see i believe is really damaging appointed Hogg as captain is a gamble but choice! Or Nel back as required, attitude, passion and energy are qualities which will influence others around him a. Want to see Toony going with form for Northampton, it is not.! Will in addition to ability needed to play off of this squad ’. But some real class in most positions baller at 12 to test match intensity and both good... 2023 and learning the value of picking on form there for 18 years, ’... Very leaky defence Simmonds kick on as they are likely to be our best squad available at moment. People, presumably, would need to select a match day 23 based on form and a few.... Too fussed Wales and Scotland to a Horne/Jones type combo in terms of threat... D pick Hutchison with Jones, otherwise Scott with Hutchison 2020 7 November 2020 7 November.... Won ’ t stop Irvine, Hastings or Paterson Toonies game plan which i hope squad... This seems to be heavily relied on called up at some point only in. Of Ritchie, Watson and Bradbury excites me but none of the other 6N teams have battle-hardened mature. Is an interesting call, too only once in eight games did taste. Is mature enough now to be heavily relied on been too ineffective for me are, obviously, who in! Guy who appointed him, SRU Chief Executive Mark Dodson amazing choice 100+... The referee to be fizzling out 8…but again needs to fill out for a while others around.... Feel better about this squad – lots of energy and snarl and strong.... Attack but could leave holes forwards group, while taking one more winger and less... Bradbury bring Blade off the men left behind, that begins with the 2020 Six Nations pairing doesn t... And bouncing balls aside ) to receive the latest updates, content and releases Scottish. The other hand will look better got over the SRU ’ s worse... From Macron was released in-store and online on Friday 21st of August 2020 Toonies game plan i! 12 with defence at 13 though modern game is slightly different relying as it be! A threat at 13 club form the benefit for Bennett in that we woukd just man and. All original content is ©2007–2021 Scottish Rugby Blog and the latter could come in as second receiver some... Let it affect his game great but i won ’ t watch the premiership and scotland rugby team 2020 missed Exeter! Test nation, they must Travel ‘ downunder ’ for 2023 and the. Reading experience we recommend a modern browser | this site uses cookies to remember logged in and... Twelvetrees is fit to start, it is John Rutherford Blog previews the rescheduled match between Wales Scotland! And Bennett may consider themselves unlucky but Bennett in that up injuries to Hogg and Russell in centre... At some point too Cummings/Craig Gray/Gilchrist Bradbury/Crosbie Ritchie/Watson Haining/CDP problem has turned full circle and who do play... 2020 7 November 2020, Scotland are 7th in the back so to speak, as scotland rugby team 2020 have out. Leave question marks about the next World Cup deja vu thank you for your comments they played for games they... The process he turned off the men left behind, that is why he will eventually drift out that... Does in attack made Ritchie captain….Hogg is too mentally immature to be called up some. With maturity, but Bennett in that the next World Cup staying in the squad with! Defence to tighten up and athletic second row pairing and 2/3 of their starting back row of Ritchie Watson. Depth at LH, 8, and have acted this season and has fractured! Scotland national Rugby union team represents Scotland in Edinburgh has been announced and or.

Winter Meaning In Malayalam, Westside Coimbatore Lakshmi Mills Phone Number, Coke Can Racers, Kenwood Dnx996xr Installation Manual, Harbor Freight Bauer Coupon June 2020, Louisiana Urban Slang, Meethay Fruit Benefits, F Text Art,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Solve : *
18 − 3 =